Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank you Freewheelin Volunteers

Last night the volunteers who ran Freewheelin at the conventions gathered in Louisville, Kentucky to commemorate our efforts this past year. Tim Blumenthal of Bikes Belong and Mike McCallister of Humana were present to thank the volunteers for making the program a success. Freewheelin has a bright future and we would like to take another opportunity to thank all those who made it happen. Thank you! We recently asked our twitter followers why they like to bike and were treated with the following responses:

@naimul It makes me feel the wind in my hair, while I still have it.

@MamaMtnBike I like to bike because it's fun, it relaxes me, keeps me in shape, it's social, I could go on and on...

@Human_After_All First it was transportation, then fitness, then with friends just having fun

@cyclelicious I like to bike because it feels good. I think I'm addicted to cycling

@GenKreton Bikinghelps me sleep better, keeps me in shape, it saves commute time in versus public transit, and most importantly, it's FUN.

@RatherBeBiking because it's fast & fun

@rickmurray it's an amazing cardio workout, it relieves stress and it's a great way to kick start the say

@dirkmshaw I like bikes bc it allows me to set and meet discrete goals, keeps me physically & mentally fit,scenery and carbon!

@thebikediva Because I can keep up with and even beat a lot of the boys when I'm riding my road bike, and I like to go FAST!

@kathilc I like to bike because of the physical and mental workout great friends to ride with and better for the environment I would ride my bike everywhere if I could! how can we make it safe to comingle with cars?

And that is just a sample. If you'd like to respond, please join us on twitter at www.twitter.com/bikesharing. We would love to hear why you like to bike.

No comments:

Snow Effect